lengths of comfy verdure

i like to sit back, relax and opine.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

mother's day


happy belated mother's day. everyone kept insisting that i be wished happy mother's day, but for some reason, i do not consider myself a mother yet.

nevertheless, we celebrated by spending a day in the park with some friends and their nine year old.






it would have been happier times for me if i could have had ice cream too, but i've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes, which is a temporary kind of diabetes that disappears after you give birth. it's not serious unless it goes unmanaged, but it is a huge pain in the ass, especially when what i am allowed to eat is so limited already. plus, i have to do math every time i eat. and test my blood seven times a day.

i am saving the notebook with all of the numbers in it and foods i ate to show this kid when he wants to get a motorcycle. which he probably won't, thank god; he'll probably be a nerd like us.

i had to drag warren away from this. it was past the nine year old's bedtime, and his mom was not pleased about that, but warren didn't notice. hmm.

3 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Sally Big Woods said...

Hey there! You're looking great. Sorry to hear about the G.D. That sucks. My numbers were borderline w/La Segunda, and it IS a MAJOR pain in the ass.

I can't wait to see you guys again (someday!) and meet your soon-to-arrive babe. Sending you all kinds of positive thoughts.

Love,
Sally

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Winter Wren said...

I never gushed about pregnancy or babies either but empathy changes everything. As soon as this kid is out, I'm going to stuff myself with sashimi and brie cheese.

...And cool beer.

Good luck to you!

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Mop said...

Tia! Thank god you're still pregnant. I mean, just, I haven't talked to you for a while, and I was afraid I might've missed the blessed event. So excited for you! (And Warren...always, always, and Warren.) Baby baby baby! Also: baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home