lengths of comfy verdure

i like to sit back, relax and opine.

Friday, April 08, 2005

work

where did the day go? that's what happens when you actually have to work at work. i am editing a tv show. and it requires constant...uh...work. i used to read books. i liked it when i read books. now i'm lucky if i keep up a little with current events, like the pope dying. and i don't have time to read when i get home because i have to bathe and have sex. and, yes, in that order.

i think that the quality of my writing--i am writing a novel--is deteriorating now that i no longer read. specifically, david foster wallace. the best passages in my novel are the ones in which i am trying to live up to him.

p.s. i don't care that it's not original to like him.

2 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger LORMO said...

I used to read books, back in the olden days.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger AFM said...

I'm so glad I get to read you again! YEah long green lawns!!!!!(Sarah told me what verdure means.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home