lengths of comfy verdure

i like to sit back, relax and opine.

Monday, February 13, 2006

mish mosh o' the day

i know you guys are dying to know what's going on with my reading. well, i'll tell you. the lipsyte book was unreadable. to me. peeyoo! i don't even feel like describing it, except to say that it was chock full of veddy, veddy clever cleverness. i don't get it; he got a bunch of really good blurbs for the cover. if anyone wants my (paperback) copy, and lives in new york city, i'll give it to them.

so i'm reading proust after all. and racing through it like it's a page-turning mystery novel. it really helps that my second favorite author of all time, lydia davis (sandra newman is my first) did this translation. i may even go on to volume II!

since i still don't have a digital camera, i can't post the wonderful photos of the "blizzard of the millenium" i would have taken.* anyway, even though the storm was fun and beautiful, it made me a little sad to see everyone out with their cameras, snapping pictures as if this might be the last real snow in new york ever.

P.S. it seems i am to perform some music in public soon. i'll keep you posted.

*warren's phrase

2 Comments:

At 11:32 PM, Blogger chartreuse velour said...

we can be a book club! i'll post the yahoo group link tomorrow. i just got to the part they're talking about now: whether odette is pretty or not.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger sarahfisch said...

I h'ain't never read no Proust! Y'all are fancy. So is Odette pretty or not? I must know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home